Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lesson 12 -- May 18

We had a great day today!! Jacob is really picking up things quickly.

We reviewed all the phonics of A-J and then added the letter K.

Since I was on vacation last week, we took today pretty slowly and just reviewed to get back into the swing of things.





1. Most every lesson, I have Jacob fill out an A-Z sheet like this. I switch up the letters to see how he does. He does pretty well! There are a few letters he forgets, but overall he gets 80% every time.


















2. Most every lesson I also pick a letter and make a sheet like this. He circles that letter. Almost 100% of the time he gets 100% of the letters.














3. Today Jacob REQUESTED that I write the letters on the driveway, say the sounds, and he ride over them with his bike. Yep, he wanted to do this! Love it. He got them all.





I read an article yesterday about ADHD kids needing to move their bodies around in order to learn. I certainly think this is the case with Jacob. It totally opens his mind up when he is moving.



4. Later we played with the Bananagram letters.... we made a few words with them, but he got sort of mentally stuck, so we just made piles of each letter. He liked that a lot.






No comments:

Post a Comment