Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lesson 7 - April 22, 2015

Jacob did so great today! 


1. I had him circle all the letter A's in this picture.


 He got them all.



 2. I had him do two fill in the blanks for the ABCs... the first one is the same as last lesson, and the second one is a new one with more blanks.... again his retention was extra good today.








3. We went over the song and letters of the Alphafriends that he learned last time, A-E. He remembered them pretty well.




4. We added F, G, H.

Fifi Fish
Gerdie Goose
Hattie Horse









5. One big thing we talked about with ALL the letters was how our mouths LOOK when we say the sounds. For example, when you say APPLE, for the A sound your mouth opens super wide. So I said a few things without making sound to see if he could guess. He could. He thinks reading lips might be a good skill. :)

And we said the sounds A-H while eating crackers! It was quite hilarious. But also a good visual. When you say CALLIE CAT you spit out crackers. It helps you remember how the C sounds.



6. Break time.

He got to dig in the dirt again. That's his favorite.











7. Using my Bananagrams letters, we spelled out some words and had him sound them out. He did great!

cat, bat, fat, hat
bad
head
gab
beg, bet






8. Then we went outside and threw the tennis ball around using these (what are these called?). He loooves these. He asks for these every lesson.



So today I held up a letter (The Alphfriends print outs of A-H) and he had to say the SOUND while he threw the ball, and then I said the same sound throwing it back.

It was fun!!! He got them all pretty quickly.






There are many letters he gets mixed up: Dudly Duck and Girdie Goose -- maybe because they are both birdlike? Also B and D and P but that is really common. We talk about how close each of them are, and that eventually it will happen -- he WILL learn them.



I told Jacob about 10 times how he did a great job! 
But he replies with, "No not really." 
And I say, "Yes, you did great!" 
And then he smiles. I hope he is gaining some confidence.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete