Monday, April 13, 2015

Lesson 5 - April 13, 2015

Jacob was in a really bad mood when he arrived.

Something to do with his younger siblings coming into his room.

So it was good I didn't have a definitive plan for today's lesson -- I didn't feel inspired to do anything in particular -- so we had a more relaxed day.

Also, there are lots of things to figure out....

*I am still trying to figure out how his brain works.
*I am still trying to figure out his learning pace.
*I am still trying to figure out how his long-term retention works.

Once we chatted and he had a snack, we started on some of the lesson. Though in between there was LOTS of chatting about random things.

----------------

1. I had printed out the four B words from last week in really large font so he could take some beans and arrange them over the betters of the word.


We decided to just stick with the word "bear" for today.

He practiced writing the word "bear" a few times with a pencil.









2. Here he practiced writing lower case b and upper case B.













3. Next I let him play with my camera. He took the toy bear outside and I asked him to take 4 photos of it doing something so we could make it into a book.


We downloaded the 4 photos and he told me what was happening. Then we printed and stapled it.

The story was about bear looking for honey in a tree... then looking for a deer on a cliff.... then breaking up a helicopter.... then Jacob throwing the bear in the zoo. It was really funny!



We sat down and read the book aloud, and I had him circle the word "bear" on each page.





4. Next he painted a picture and the word "bear" on a paper.















For the next lesson, I feel like we need to go even more basic. I want to use the Alphafriends that my sons used when they learned the alphabet and see how he does. It would introduce basic phonics sounds while learning the alphabet... all with pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment